Opportunities for Individuals
You are not limited to the following options. If you have a special talent or skill that our residents would enjoy and/or can benefit from, we encourage you to please share it!
- Reading Program: Read to the children - or have children read to you - on Monday nights at our facility.
- Computer Lab: Provide supervision, guidance and tutoring for children and adults who use our computer lab.
- Music: Provide music on Monday nights or music lessons for the residents.
- Tutoring: Provide after-school tutoring for children and adults at our facility.
- Life Skills Instructor: Budgeting, resume' writing, teaching job interview skills, parenting, nutrition, Bible studies.
- Speaker's Bureau: Speaking to congregations, civic groups, schools, volunteer fairs.
- Facility Support: Electricians, plumbers, painters, make ready, computer techs.
- Office Support: Clerical and data entry support.
Opportunities for Groups
Here are a few ideas for your club, organization or church group to consider:
- Sponsor a drive or host a fundraiser: Diapers, wet wipes, paper goods, disposable razors, childrens socks and underwear, soap, twin sheets, twin mattress covers, twin quilts/coverlets/comforters, towels, full size shampoo/conditioner, detergent/fabric softener, and household items are always needed.
- Warehouse Warriors: Assist with sorting and/or organizing our donations in the storeroom.
- Maintenance: Carpet cleaning, power wash siding and stairwells, minor repairs.
- Provide Meals: Provide meals for the families.